1869 – New shaft started near Foggo Farm, met with much water
1873 – 740ft shafts completed, the deepest in Cleveland
1908 – Electric Sirocco fan installed
1918 – Downcast wooden headgear replace by steel
1924 – Upcast wooden headgear replaces by steel
1951 – Original steam winder replaced by electric.
1954 – Last horses replace by electric locos
1964 – Production ends, the last ironstone mine in Cleveland.
Original wooden headgear, pre 1918Later metal headgear, post 1924Remaining reserves a few years before closureWinding house building still on-site todayMemorial to ironstone miners